My passion for learning and teaching Pilates grows with every person who walks through the Studio door ready to get to work and have fun in the process on their way to a strong, balanced, thinking body.
Brigitte Ziebell studied with and was certified by Romana Kryzanowska
(NYC Pilates Studio, NYC Pilates Guild)
- Director and teacher at the first Pilates Studio in Maine
- Owner and teacher of Authentic Pilates in Georgetown, DC
- Owner and teacher at Authentic Pilates in Rockport, Maine (opened in 2011)
Strength and Grace
In addition to teaching Pilates to a broad and diverse client base, Brigitte has continued her studies of Pilates and related fields such as the Feldenkrais Method, Alexander Technique, Franklin Method and neuromuscular research, within the Pilates community in the United States, as well as in Germany and France. This background has given her a heightened understanding of the simple beauty, complex elegance, true effectiveness and grace of the Pilates method.
Train with an experienced and committed Authentic Pilates instructor
who has been teaching people how to move since 1995
in Maine, Germany, France and Washington DC
Authentic Pilates is a safe and gentle movement and exercise technique that utilizes specialized equipment with hands on instructions, and a wealth of 500 structured exercises that allow the teacher to tailor to the needs and capabilities of people of all ages and lifestyles.
The Pilates work strives to teach people how to maximize their body awareness and performance
Your most important
fitness ally is your mind.
Pilates is a Tool for Living
What is learned in the Studio has an impact outside of the studio, influencing and enabling us to move through every day life with strength, balance, grace and ease, while avoiding stiffness pain and injury.
- Concentration: Staying focused to make the crucial mind body connection!
- Control: Precise elegant movements lead to enhanced muscle control
- Center: Moving from the center - learning to inhabit the center of the body
- Powerhouse: Activate and strengthen transverse, abdominals, back and hips
- Flow: Graceful economical movement
- Precision: Every movement has a purpose
- Breath: Learning to let the breath carry the movement, increasing the flow of circulation and oxygen